Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Wednesday Word: Diablerie

diablerie |dēˈäblərēnounreckless mischief; charismatic wildness:the beauty and diablerie of the great actor.• archaic sorcery supposedly assisted by the devil.
ORIGIN mid 18th cent.: from French, from diable, from ecclesiastical Latin diabolus ‘devil.’


I'm back to writing paranormal, or maybe it's urban fantasy. I just finished a "short" story set in a brand new world, and I’m already planning the sequel(s). 

All my previous paranormal stories took place in contemporary US, with one side-trip to the Old Country, but One Hex Too Many is set in an alternate universe. It’s still contemporary US, but with a twist. Magic is real, and it can be used for nefarious purposes. The protagonist is a cop who investigates such crimes.

2 comments:

  1. I guessed before I looked and I was right - the whole "diablo" and "devilry" steered me right on this one.

    ReplyDelete