Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Random Update


I have had health and other issues lately and my mood took a nose dive. Let me just say, anxiety attacks are the suck. Everyone reacts differently to crisis. Some people share every little detail of their problems. I withdraw. I suspect the first approach is healthier, but I am who I am. I'm starting to feel better now, but I'm still wobbly. Fuck it.

The MS of Secrets and Charms is off to my editor. Remember Jem's friend, Olly, from Secrets and Ink? Well, it's his story. There are more Hollywood shenanigans, romance, and mystery. Bran's mother (Dead Man books), Layla makes a guest appearance.

I also wrote a holiday-ish short story, but it still needs some edits. I put aside for now.

Dead Man and the Army of Frogs have been edited, formatted, and ready for the August 5 release.

I joined twitter at last, but I have to say the whole thing befuddles me. Lots of links to reviews, promo, and not particularly exciting status updates. And I have no idea about the etiquette. If someone follows me, am I supposed to follow them back? What if I don't want to?

On the home front: my balcony garden is a mixed success. The available sun is not enough for most plants I have. However, the parsley and cat grass are doing fine, and the Boston fern is very happy. At fall I'll have to divide it up and replant it.

My neighbor has sunflowers growing between the curb and sidewalk in front of her house. They look pretty cool.

2 comments:

  1. I withdraw, too. Hopefully you're feeling better now...

    Still Twitter- and Facebook-free here, which I realize isn't an option for authors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're probably saving time not joining twitter and FB.

      Delete