Thursday, January 16, 2014

Status Report: Demons on the Brain


I generally don't like to talk about a work in progress, especially in the early stage, because I'm afraid I'll jinx it. However, I'll take a chance this time. We'll see what happens.

Back in the Dead Man universe, I'm currently tinkering with spirits and demons. I'm almost done with a short story, and will move next to a longer story. The plot is not fully formed yet, but I went for a hike the other day and came back with some good ideas. Some of them sprung from things that happened or were said in Dead Man and the Restless Spirits. If I play my cards right, it'll seem like I always planned things just so.

Interestingly, certain illustrations I recently collected on Pinterest are also giving me inspiration. It's all very thrilling right now—wonderful possibilities abound. I also have a touch of fear, the possibility that I won't be able to pull it off in the end. This is the moment on the rollercoaster when the safety guards lock in place and you're about to take off.

No comments:

Post a Comment